Snap-on Knife Engraving

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
I worked together with knifemaker Russ Kommer on this custom knife for the SnapOn Tool Company to be used as a presentation award at their national convention. I was asked to hand engrave the stainless steel bolsters and I chose to inlay the SnapOn Logo with 24K gold. I tried to keep the surrounding design low key so it would not detract from the logo. I really enjoyed this one!

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Betley and Mike for your nice compliments! Betley, I did not engrave the pin in this one so I can take no credit for that.

Tim and Monk - I just spoke with the knifemaker and Tim is correct. The handle is made from double died box elder. You obviously know your knives. I have recently engraved several mammoth tooth handled knives from the same knifemaker and that is why I guessed mammoth. Thank you.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lovely engraving on a lovely knife. Your border work is a nice touch and well executed, and you did a fantastic neat job of the inlaid logo. Congrats. Some of those empty spots bother me a little, but only a little. Well done

Sponsors