Critique Request Today's work, what do you think

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

I have developed a new respect for my Benevolent Dictator... and everyone who can do incredible fine work on rings... man this is hard.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You are a lucky girl to have someone offering some excellent designs. The skull with all the deep black negative space is fun!!
Layne

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

I was pretty happy with the scrollwork on this. There is an interesting border thing happening which I will admit was a completely botched job of attempting inlay which I eventually abandoned before I ruined the knife and changed it to this. When the scrollwork was finished I wrote the name back on and engraved it... (I should have put the whole design on the knife together and it would have felt less disjointed.) This one is my boss's. $10 folder off ebay, great to engrave. Easily taken apart and put back together... black finish sands off very easily to give blank canvas. I like the stone washed one best but the plain black's cool too... bit cleaner.

Been cutting Mother of pearl with Lindsay universal point. 120ish. It's much easier than I expected. Done 5 so far and haven't had any trouble with chipping or flaking out. Don't clamp pearl up too tight

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Oval ones are the best by a long shot. Buy them or bigger and better... but they are decent to try with.

Sponsors