A different shipping question

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
I am considering taking my jewelry to an Arts and Craft Fair in Fairhope, Alabama next March. My daughter, her husband and the grandkids live there, which is the main attraction to going so far away from my home in Spokane.

I would be taking about $75,000.00 worth of inventory. I know that several here take at least that much to Fega and other shows (I presume). Is there a cost effective and secure way to ship?

The alternative we are considering is driving, but that would mean that 6-8 days of a 14-17 day vacation would be spent behind the wheel, with another 3 days vending at the fair.

Thanks for any insight, Will

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
We do have Jewelers Mutual, but it seems that as a small stand alone store, they appreciate us supporting all the mishaps at big stores. I do intend to ask them, but was trying to see what different solutions there might be.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Do a search on shipping insurance on this site. It seems to me that this was discussed in great depth. Seems that their is an insurer who cove the merchandise whether you ship UPS or FedEx

Eric Olson

Elite Cafe Member
If I'm not mistaken jeweler's mutual covers a USPS overnight express for 25,000. plus you can buy up to 25,000 from the Post office which gets you up to 50,000 coverage for a package. You could do 3 packages of 25,000 each and Jeweler's Mutual should cover them under you policy for no extra charge.

Sponsors