Counterfeit money orders

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They wont even cash Postal Money Orders at my Post Office. They tell me to deposit them. Our local one percent check cashing liquor store wont take them either. Back in the early days of hand held scanners I received my tax refund the same day as the first of such scanners came to my house. To my knowledge a friend and I had the only ones around. Well being creative guys we just had to try. Whole day of experimenting with color separation and adjusting the colors, printing in layers etc. and our refund were worth a cool quarter million. colored them with color the hard to do background with color pencil. When they fooled our wives we burned them. Such a waste. When the first copy machines hit the schools I was in the eight grade. A friend made front and back copies of front and back of a five dollar, glued them together and past them at the school candy bar. Feds arrested him the next day. Thanks for the link. enjoyed it, A few years ago the feds busted a fellow right across the Alabama border counterfeiting dimes of all things. Fred

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
A student of mine told me of a forged bank cashiers check someone used to buy a piece of equipment he was selling. It was so convincing that it cleared the bank it was forged on. They didn't catch it until it was too late.

My brother-in-law had a bill payment stolen from his mailbox. The crooks "washed" his check and changed the amount from $60 to $2400 and wiped out his checking account.

The moral of the story is that you can't truly trust any check, money order, or cashiers check any more.

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
What a bad news. I would think the customer would be upset if we tell them to wait a few days until their cashiers check/ money order cleared before shipping.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A few years ago the feds busted a fellow right across the Alabama border counterfeiting dimes of all things. Fred

The Chinese are making fakes of just about every American coin. Everything from Morgan dollars to Indian Head pennies! eBay is loaded with them. I remember one of the nickel carvers got some fake buffalo nickels a couple years ago.

Latest posts

Sponsors