Chinese acrobat stand??

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike,
Your link is no longer active on ebay. It's probably cached on your computer, but we can't see it.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Any advice would be appreciated

Here's my advice: Don't risk (waste) your money on Chinese knockoff products. If it's crap or it fails, you have to ship it back to China and beg for a refund or spare parts that might not fit.
Seriously, think about that.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
You are going to risk dropping your Scope ( that's the expensive part isn't it )using a cheap stand ? I would look at a cheaper beam style support first.

Eric

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Besides what has already been said, there is a moral side to it also. The Chinese think nothing of stealing designs to make knockoffs. So, if you buy one of their items you basically have said the theft is OK. And, you have helped them and encouraged them to continue with their thieving ways. :(

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
I would recommend getting the GRS stand instead of the knockoff. It has been a great stand for me over the years, and they always build quality equipment.

Plus I don't think they will charge you $95 for shipping like that china one would.

Mike

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There are many Chinese manufacturers whose specialty is reverse engineering someone else's hard work and then selling a knock-off for less money. Many counterfeit the products down to the last detail including trade names, packaging, manuals, etc.

What some unscrupulous resellers do is buy genuine US made products and them mix in Chinese counterfeits. This creates havoc when the Chinese crap breaks down and the customer attempts to get warranty service only to find they've purchased a counterfeit.

So do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't support these parasites who have done nothing for the engraving and jewelry industry except try to profit on someone else's hard work.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have been building stuff for 60 years and have never bought a cheep tool that worked as well as I thought it should. I have never regretted buying anything from GRS. Their equipment is always as good or better than I expected.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
<"Don't drink and drive you might spill your drink.">

You may also drive into the oncoming lane and put someone like ME into the hospital for a year and a half. (which happened)

5 of the 7 car wrecks in which I have been an unwilling participant over my lifetime - were caused by drunk drivers. Not something to be joking about...

B.

Last edited:

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
While watching the movie "The Blob" last night with my wife and son, my eyes kept wandering to all the beautifully made items sitting on the desks in the police station, the doctors office etc. Made me nostalgic for well made American products. ( like the really sexy metal microphone on the police dispatch desk.) Occasionally one can still find products like that. GRS is a great example. I'm sure that microphone is still around somewhere after 60 years, just like my GRS tools will be 60 years from now.
Layne

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
not kidding, what part of don't drink and drive did you miss. my mother was killed by a drunk/stoned driver. Jackson county LE never did a thing to him. no court, no tickets, no jail time, nothing! it just my way of dealing with it.

Chriso

yep I have one of those Chinese rip offs they are nowhere near as good as the reel deal but they are adequate, in Australia and our buck is now 75Cents per usd and some freight is so expensive and i am just a hobby engraver so I can live with it

Latest posts

Sponsors