Lindsay Palm Control or GRS AirTact ?

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the info Brian. I guess a hand graver feels more nimble because it doesn't have a plastic tube dangling from it...

And I think Sam really hits the nail on the head - why use an airgraver for hand push when you could use a hand push for hand push...it's not like they cost thousands of bucks. Kind of like taking the Lamborghini to the store for a carton of milk...

Tom

HillyPhilly

Thank you very much to everyone who has offered advice or contributed.
I do have a clearer picture of the two power gravers. Regardless, it will be a difficult decision. I feel like I'm having to choose which of two beautiful ladies I'll take to a fancy restaurant.
I have a feeling I'm going to do my best to find the funds to get them both & hope they don't find out about each other.
Thanks.
Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you want another two cents worth... Palm control is great for fine line shading. You can get the lighter and heavier piston too... I have the heavy one and have hardly used it because the work i'm doing is getting smaller and smaller so I'm going to invest in a light one soon I think.

You can't hand push on a palm control because... (unless you clamp off the air) As you push on the handle it opens up the valves more... which is how the palm control works, There's a screw thing on the side that you adjust while you work to make the tool idle properly, but even with that closed off completely when you push hard enough to hand push a line it tends to start up and send you sprawling accross your work piece. (not sure about hooking the foot pedal to it) I honestly don't think it's necessary to hand push shading when the tool works so finely and so well. Steve Lindsay's shading is probably finer than Sam Alfano's... but seriously their work is both utterly fantastic and if you go with grs gear or the lindsay version or enset you should be able to do great work, that's up to you.

If you are wanting to hand push or stone setting I'd be looking at the advice of other folk on here who know how to do that, I don't.

Whatever you go with, enjoy, and post your work up here for us to help you along your journey.

Latest posts

Sponsors