An interview with.....Mr. Bob Finley

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Could we somehow make this happen?

If you could only see Mr. Bob Finleys collection of castings, tools, books, and engraving stories, hes an instructor at GRS. His home is a museum to engraving, even has prototype tools that he and Mr. Glasser worked on, that are one of a kind. When I visited he was so willing to share stories, I could have spent another week just listening, would be a shame to loose that knowledge and not have it recorded in some way. What do you guys think.

Saludos,
Carlos

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
You got my attention Carlos. I flipped on this thread expecting to see an interview with Mr Finley. From the sounds of it , a six hour youtube video would be even better.
Cheers
Don

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I contacted at least 7 engravers the last time interview discussions came up and 5 said they'd do it (but never followed through) and two never responded. That's why you're not seeing new interviews. Obviously they're not interested.

My new policy is this: If you want someone interviewed then have them email me with photos and answers to the interview questions which are posted in the Cafe Interviews forum.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
There are a couple new interviews coming... one of those just moved and is settling in to a new place and the other is just too confused at the moment... :)

Both will happen. I'll do what I can to speed them up.

Someone will have to get hold of Bob Finlay personally - so you are elected Carlos. See what you can do.

Brian

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

Sounds good Ill try, see how it goes. Ill call him next week, hope he replies.

Saludos,
Carlos

Latest posts

Sponsors