Graversmith with s seperate rotary set up?

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
Looking at the Gravermax and Graversmith one big difference is no additional port for a rotary tool on the graversmith. My understanding that both machines using the same handpiece it would be hard for a new guy to feel any difference between the 2 machines. The price difference between them is almost enough to buy a nice rotary handpiece and thought I could just get a disc pedal from Steve to run it off my compressor with has an adjustable regulator on it already. If I'm going to only have a 901 handpiece does it make any sense to spend the extra money on a machine that has a port for more handpieces?
It seems to me having everything seperate may have an advantage than an all in one rig. One problem with an all in one rig and everything is down type thing is part of what I'm thinking. Everyone sure likes the old style Gravermax machines but I have looked and looked and by the time I find them they are sold. I wish they still sold the old style as folks seem to like it better, which makes me nervous about a new one as well. Thank you for any poisitive advice.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
bpe engraving (Mr.Finley, owner) sells a Y, takes your one outlet into 5 outlets, check it out, so you can use more handpieces. But that 901 can do almost everything. Just letting you know that if you buy the graver Smith you still have an option of using more handpieces in the future if you see the need.

Saludos,
Carlos

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Carlos! If guess the Gravermax has a better regulator than the Graversmtih but I'm trying to understand what a better reg does. I mean a regulator either regulates or it doesn't lol. Maybe a finer adjustment?

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've used both I can't tell the difference maybe a computer can? You can't go wrong with a graversmith especially if you can find a good price on a used one

Saludos,
Carlos

Sponsors