My current engraving

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Not finished yet but I would like to hear your comments.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20150806_104943.jpg
    20150806_104943.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 269

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Nice design SalihKara.

I would suggest, for your shading, perhaps less lines but deeper at the ends for sure. The design still looks quite "flat" but you can enhance the 3D effect blackening more those areas. This is just my modest opinion.

All the best,
Leonardo

Mrfinks

Its very nice. Your scrolls are beautifully formed and its a very nice design. However the shading is lacking realism, to me it looks over shaded. I would suggest drawing out your shading first and allow plenty of light spots. you can always add more :)

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Very smoothly cut lines and I really like the consistent width of your scroll "backbones". I think if the surface of the metal was a little more highly polished you would get the added contrast to which Leonardo alludes. In the lower left where the small scroll comes out from behind the large one and then overlaps the large one I would add the backbone line of the large scroll in the background area you have taken out. Just burnish the small area and cut the line then re-stipple for consistent background. This is really a minor thing but I like to show scroll in the background when it is overlapped. Good job you have going!

monk

Staff member
excellent cutting, very smooth. the scroll top left-- comes out a bit too steep an angle. one of the leaves does the same. as most say,"it should flow or grow" out of the spine gracefully. not just stick out. by the time this is finished, only an engraver will ever notice. thanks for showing.

Latest posts

Sponsors