Another Practice on Aluminum

This is another practice session I did on an aluminum electrical enclosure. Shading is horrible, but turned out like a 20footer paint job, the more you back up the better it looks lol. Practice makes perfect gotta keep on cuttin! :graver: Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 11.33.29 AM.jpg

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Hey man, don't be too hard on yourself. It looks pretty good to me and I'm not back 20 ft. either. The spirals at the top and bottom of the oval give it a nice 3D appearance. Shading is a challenge for all except some of the pros on this site. All we meager learners can do is practice and more practice. Have a good one.
Cheers
Don

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
i like it. send it on over.i am slowly refinshing the basment and need a few plate covers. looks good to me. don't drink and drive you might spill your drink

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'll bet the electrons will flow with pride whilst inside the box ! looks kinda cute to me. what kind of goodies are you putting in the box ?

thanks all.
this is the most blank form of electrical boxes, no holes in the body or lid.
guys have been using these to build guitar effects pedals for years, and more recently they have become very popular for building nicotine "vaporizers".
i figure to practice with i can do more cutting and less sharpening w/the soft aluminum (might be wrong), and also its a nice flat box thats easy to get in the vise no fuss no muss. will be engraving mostly stainless guns once my scroll drawing/cuttting gets on par

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i just love this kind of stuff ! i like your electronic skill as well as your engraving. a lot of stuff--- to stuff in a box that size !

i just love this kind of stuff ! i like your electronic skill as well as your engraving. a lot of stuff--- to stuff in a box that size !

thanks. i did not build the box in the photo. i dont build the boxes at all. but - a TON of guys are into modifying these boxes into those "vape mods" and they have a ton of different circuits, chips, etc they put into them. its very very interesting. i actually just chose to use the aluminum box instead of a practice plate because its more sellable than a practice plate. they cost around 5 bucks if you buy them in bulk.

Latest posts

Sponsors