I completed one side of this aluminum electrical enclosure last night, have about an hour in it. I have no idea why I chose the design other than I thought it was interesting. Will be doing the other side of the box next with the same design, only taking time to try to do it better of course. My practice rendition of René Descartes' illustration of mind/body dualism. Descartes believed inputs are passed on by the sensory organs to the epiphysis in the brain and from there to the immaterial spirit.

Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 11.26.05 AM.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
everyone needs the gland. what geometry/graver combo do you use on the boxes ?. do you use a lube ? thanks for showing. newbies should see that one need not just work on "practice plates". there's lots of stuff lyin about the household just beggin to be practiced on !

palm control with the 120 degree Uniform-Parallel Point done via the lindsay sharpening system. no lube , the aluminum is really soft, although ill try anything once.. grs 2mm square graver hss type. i got a 5 pack and other than those i got some small and large points which i have not used once yet but need to start experimenting with, and some flat gravers i also have not used yet. now that i think about it all of the practice i have done is this setup

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
palm control with the 120 degree Uniform-Parallel Point done via the lindsay sharpening system. no lube , the aluminum is really soft, although ill try anything once.. grs 2mm square graver hss type. i got a 5 pack and other than those i got some small and large points which i have not used once yet but need to start experimenting with, and some flat gravers i also have not used yet. now that i think about it all of the practice i have done is this setup
thanks for the info. you may want to try a bit of lube. i'd bet you'll find the stuff cuts a bit easier.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
I completed one side of this aluminum electrical enclosure last night,
Descartes believed inputs are passed on by the sensory organs to the epiphysis in the brain and from there to the immaterial spirit.
]
I hope you have proper insulation to protect the electrical wiring in the enclosure from interacting with the epiphysis and immaterial spirit. Otherwise zombies will emerge from the circuitry.

I hope you have proper insulation to protect the electrical wiring in the enclosure from interacting with the epiphysis and immaterial spirit. Otherwise zombies will emerge from the circuitry.

interesting lol . i used it as a practice plate just because its more sellable when finished than a regular practice plate. i dont build these "vape mods" or whatever but if this one does sell i think i will include that disclaimer with it thanks

Latest posts

Sponsors