QC Adapter

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,
I got my Gravermate a view days ago. I bought qc adapter with 2,3mm hole but they are round. I have only square gravers.
I did my first cuts with an broken bur that i´ve sharpend. I have a view Lindsay square gravers. What kind of QC Adapter do I need that they fit in ?
I cant get the round gravers in the right angle too resharpen thats why i want the qc holders for square gravers.
Thx a lot

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You probably need a QC holder with a bigger hole. They are available in several sizes. All of them have round holes. There are two set screws to hold the square gravers on two sides. Here are all of the GRS QC Holders if you CLICK HERE.

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
Thx a lot Doc,
I was a little bit confused about that. Now I know whitch one i need. In the future i´ll go for an dual angle sharpener and a homemade power hone but for now its too expensive with shipping and tax ...

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I bought some like that by accident and I just drilled them out to the correct size. The drill bit will follow the existing hole. Don't forget to remove the set screw when drilling or it will ruin your drill bit.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thx a lot Doc,
I was a little bit confused about that. Now I know whitch one i need. In the future i´ll go for an dual angle sharpener and a homemade power hone but for now its too expensive with shipping and tax ...
the dual angler is the cats' meow ! regardless of the hone, whether home-brewed or store- bought.
it permits any geometry one would ever want.

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
Thx jerrywh. I dilled them out. Works fine.
I had to readjust the whole maschine it needed a power of 35 psi to run that standard handpiece without too many vibrations now it needs 28 I know in the manuall they talk about 18 -23 but its now mutch better and more silent. At 20 there is no power that moves the graver forward. Maybe I can turn it a little more but for now it works. Sometimes it's good to be an maschine mechanic. I will post my first practice plate in a view days
thx a lot
Chris

Sponsors