Critique Request Sterling Silver Cuff Links

Mrfinks

I made and then engraved these sterling cuffs that I am going to enter into a student jewellery competition later in the week. They aren't the greatest things in the world but they look nice from a far I think :)

I dont have a pneumatic machine so both were hand pushed including the background and stippling. unfortunately without a microscope some of the shading is less than spectacular.

2015-07-27 23.35.08.jpg 2015-07-24 16.05.05.jpg 2015-07-24 16.33.25.jpg

I've been engraving for almost spot on a year now and i'm happy with my progress but unhappy at the same time with the massive gaps in knowledge I have .

Any critiques/tips/help/anything you notice would be appreciated.

Also thank you to everyone on this forum. You guys are the only teachers I have.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
you're not being kind to yourself. they ar very nice. thanks for showing

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Considering the extremely small canvas that you are working with, you are doing excellent work.
You are at a level in one year of which many fail to achieve in a lifetime.
Check out Socrates'," Need for air."
My thought is that maybe you already have knowledge of this. ;)

Jahn Baker

Elite Cafe Member
Methinks thou protest to much. Your cutting is very nicely done. Many folks never achieve that level. Give yourself credit for work well done. When, and if, you choose to work with a scope and power, you may find it easier to achieve the level of control to which you aspire. Practice, patience and perseverance are your greatest allies. Please keep sharing your work with us, it's such fun to watch dedicated folks progress.

Mrfinks

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I'm my own harshest critic, as I'm sure most you are are too. I'm kinda happy with them. :)

nice to see a few Australian on this forum, nobody does this kind of work anymore in this country

Latest posts

Sponsors