Classic monogram on signet ring

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
as always, your standard of excellence never goes lower. very classic look to this piece. thanks for showing.

matthew.townsley

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice, I like the way the leaves are cut without ever disappearing into the outside frame. Nice photo too.
Do you leave a matte finish on the face to take photos and then polish the face? Or is something put onto the face?

Or perhaps you are good at taking photos haha

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Very nice, I like the way the leaves are cut without ever disappearing into the outside frame. Nice photo too.
Do you leave a matte finish on the face to take photos and then polish the face? Or is something put onto the face?

Or perhaps you are good at taking photos haha

Matthew: The face of the ring is a brushed finish. This type of engraving always looks better when it's not shiny.

The photo was shot on my worktable with a Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 100mm macro lens.

dhall

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Sam,

I'm from code enforcement, and I think we have a problem. I'm pretty sure you need to get a permit to excavate that deep. Ha!

Great work!

Doug

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,

The balance in the design is excellent. The bordering scrolls add to the overall feeling. I love it.

Normally for every small detail you do you have a very good reason. Why did you connect the left leg lower serif of the “R” to the leg of the “P”?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam,

The balance in the design is excellent. The bordering scrolls add to the overall feeling. I love it.

Normally for every small detail you do you have a very good reason. Why did you connect the left leg lower serif of the “R” to the leg of the “P”?

Thanks Hora.

No particular reason for the R-P connection. Just felt like doing it :cool:

Latest posts

Sponsors