Help, please: stainless handle for palmcontrol

Skylineski

Just got the stainless handle in for my palm control classic and i have read the instructions but i can't get it to slide on. the rubber handle slipped right off. i sent Steve an email but thought one of you might know the secret and i could get the information quicker. I'm feeling kinda stupid right now.:mad::mad:

Doug

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Possibly the reason is you MUST engrave the handle prior to installation, removing enough metal to allow the handle to stretch over the handpiece . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I'd be real interested in knowing how to stretch any stainless steel handle. . .might help out with other projects!

Skylineski

thanks for all the light hearted help, i was able to get it on. Steve was kind enough to get back with me quickly and offered to send a new one but a little 1200 sand paper was all it needed. cant wait to cut with it.

Doug

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
no attempt to be rude here, but, i'd discuss the issue with the lindsay folks. after all, they sold it, they should explain . jmho

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Everything I have bought from Lindsay fits like a glove.....He deals only in precision design and fitment ....If it is not right he will make it good...

Skylineski

i did talk to Steve and he was willing to make it right if i couldn't get it on, he machines them to very close tolerances as they need to fit tight. he went back and checked all the handles and was going to work a few of them with his lathe to make sure nobody has the same problem. he really does try to send out the best equipment. I have nothing but good things to say about Lindsay equipment.

Doug

Latest posts

Sponsors