book

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Makes sense to me. When most folks see your completed sketches, it is difficult to determine what comes first, second, etc. The above example clearly illustrates your process.

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
The only thing that I would change is if you are writing for someone with no knowledge of scroll work, you might want to define some components. You say to start with the finial at the top of page 6, but you don't show what it is until part 4 page 7. Also, on page 6 you talk about the "curve" but on page 7 you call the same element the "backbone".

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Once you summit the pages as you go the small errors will be pointed out to you....I like your style of writing...Your finished publication will be a book to go to I am sure....Keep up the good work...

Bob

wdale.bass

yes sir, that is good instruction.Finial is also correct.are you going to publish this "book" on drawing scroll or is it a dern tease? Put me on the list.!!!:happyvise:

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
makes a whole lotta sense to me. i'd place an order right now, if it was for sale at this point. you can enter my name in your order book right now ! i also know you'll offer no guarantees that my work will ever look as good as yours. oh well, i can try. thanks for taking time to do this. i think a lot of engravers will welcome what you're doing.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Makes perfect sense, you couldn't make it any clearer with your illustrations and descriptions. I also must compliment you on your hand writing (very legible). I can really appreciate it after looking at Dr's prescriptions for 40 years. Looking forward to the finished product, keep going.
Cheers
Don

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
This is great , just from reading your post and example, I have a whole page of leafs with each one looking better and better. I like the way you go step by step it really allowed me to understand the order needed. Now, lets see the rest !

Latest posts

Sponsors