No1 of Pair.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sort of magnificent to my eye. tyvm for showing. do you work from a larger drawing, and then just direct draw ? or some method of transfer ? whatever, the results are amazing to look at !

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fabulous work Phil. I assume this is 1 of 8. Why are they numbered out of sequence if I might ask-Just curious. Thanks for a peek at your work sir. Fred

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Fantastic as usual, Phil.
What is the purpose of the additional collar in front of the graver handle ?

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Monk, I draw at actual size, I might then enlargen and do a finer drawing that transfers better.

Fred, this is No1 of a stock pair, I'm expecting 5&6 from the set of eight shortly plus a .700.

The piece in front of the palmpush is an extention, for when the graver gets too short.

Phil

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fantastic as usual Phil! I particularly like the asymmetry of the scroll design on the floorplate. The "Bulino" is also phenomenal.

Last edited:

kuzcokelly

This post inspired me to look up your work online. What an incredible artist and craftsman! Even though I've started seeing scroll work in my sleep, seeing this made me more determined to learn the craft. I find the pictures of the work in stages very helpful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors