First Attempts Pneumatic Engraving

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
If you don't know who I am I'm know for my scrim and bulino, not my "engraving". This is to show those who are new to engraving just how rough your work can look when your just starting out even if you do have all the right equipment, watched all the videos and have done your homework on "how to". This is one of my first attempts. I literally winged it with the design and layout, oh I can draw just fine I was just getting a feel for the hand piece and practicing on getting line width and my scrolls to roll correctly. 120 graver. Drawing, scrimming, and bulino vs. engraving are definitely very different things!

If there are obvious things I'm doing wrong that are apparent in the pic. (other than my painfully haphazard design) hit me, PLEASE!!!

Attachments

• spydy38-2.jpg
    spydy38-2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 255
  • spydy38-4.jpg
    spydy38-4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 252
  • spydy6.jpg
    spydy6.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 249
  • spydy5.jpg
    spydy5.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Ron, I have seen and love your scrimshaw and bulino work, you are a master at that, so I'm guessing your engraving will be alright in a couple of days, :thumbsup:,

Richard.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Ron,Get some help with someone in AZ take a class Brian Bridges is in Tempe. J.J.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Ron

There's nothing really to critique as you are just experimenting to get familiar with the tool. You know the design is pretty crappy and not up to much. But that's okay as you are just playing. :)

At the end of the day the actual cutting is about tool control which you seem to have and will develop further over time. It's not till you apply that control to a serious design that you will notice the real challenges of cutting accurately.

My suggestion would be to use this one for cutting rope or throwing it in the practice bin...........then concentrate on some serious design and cutting. You will learn a lot more than just by winging it.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors