doodle

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm not one to tell another what to do, but--- you need to do a book on scroll design, development, and such. your drawing skills deserve to be on paper. so folks can see how you approach your design concepts. there are other ones available, but i think one from you would be a welcome addition to any engraving library. just a thought in case you're not too busy !!

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
I would gather up all your sketches and let members know just how many pages you have.. I am sure there are skilled publishers among the huge amount of members on this forum....

Your mind is like a Doddle farm, I have never seen so many high quality sketches come from one person that you so freely share...

I think Monk is right, but if you don't want to publish a teaching manual a reference manual of finished sketches would be very easy for you to do.
I would be first in line to buy one..

Bob

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I would gather up all your sketches and let members know just how many pages you have.. I am sure there are skilled publishers among the huge amount of members on this forum....

Your mind is like a Doddle farm, I have never seen so many high quality sketches come from one person that you so freely share...

I think Monk is right, but if you don't want to publish a teaching manual a reference manual of finished sketches would be very easy for you to do.
I would be first in line to buy one..

Bob

i guess i'd be second in line !

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
How about just a tutorial on how you do your sketches from the beginning, from the very first line?

Bill

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
I wrote a book about my year in Vietnam, it is not for everyone, only our son and when they are old enough the grandchildren. I first wrote it in sort of chapters and made each into a pdf. One by one I would send them to his email. When I ended it, I took all of the pfs and to an office supply place and had them printed and bound using the "plastic comb" binders. The cost was minimal even with having one for myself, my wife, son and the grandchildren.

I also shared it with some of the guys I served with in Vietnam at our reunions, but did not give them printed copies, only by pdf's to their email addresses. I was told I should publish it and sell it as a book, but I could not in good conscience make money off the pain and suffering of so many great men that I served with.

With pictures, it could be as simple as putting together a portfolio of the drawings and making a pdf out of it. Selling or giving away the pdf's or printing and selling it in paper book form. I think if you did the portfolio method, I would start with a sequence of pictures of each drawing, so the "reader" could see the progression of how you do the drawing from start to finish. For those that have experience it might be a little boring. But I bet they will learn something, because we may all do the same thing, but everyone has developed their own little system to get to the final product.

If you would like more info on how to do this, let me know I will try to explain it in more detail. But remember I am not a professional author or writer, nor am I an engraver, nor a real wannabe engraver, I came to this forum to see if I could adapt some of the engraving to my low relief carvings.

Rball

Thanks from a beginner!!!

I can see now that I'm going to have to look at your other posts. I'm a struggling beginner who can't draw water out of a well, let alone a decent scroll. I'm basically up to engraving thin lines following the laser etched patterns on the practice key fobs I buy. Since I haven't yet been able to do a bright cut, I find your sketch encouraging. It looks like I could cut something that looked nice without having to do the bright cuts. Also, I'm with everybody else on this thread, please, please, publish a collection of your sketches preferably with different steps in the development shown. But only if you have time, as I suspect it would require quite a bit of effort.
Thanks for posting this one! :bow:

Latest posts

Sponsors