Santa Fe folk art market

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm down here in the beautiful rainy Santa fe (ironic as the forest near my home burns-I woke up to a couple mm of ash on my truck before I set out on my adventure today).
A participant in the international folk art market, I'll be exhibiting in the next week.
I asked this a year ago, but then I got turned away at the border. This year I made it.
So what's good in Santa fe this time of year?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm down here in the beautiful rainy Santa fe (ironic as the forest near my home burns-I woke up to a couple mm of ash on my truck before I set out on my adventure today).
A participant in the international folk art market, I'll be exhibiting in the next week.
I asked this a year ago, but then I got turned away at the border. This year I made it.
So what's good in Santa fe this time of year?

around here, a sunny day would be nice. i have grown sick & tired of rainfall. i'd surely send all you wanted if i could !

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Gwaai,

There's a long street of mostly art galleries in Santa Fe that is interesting - I don't remember the name, but it's a primary tourist spot.

Try roadfood.com to find good eats away from the usual tourist stuff. We had several great meals from that site in Santa Fe (call and make sure they're open!).

Alamogordo (town nearby) has a pretty good (and free) museum about nuclear weapons development for something that's out of the ordinary.

Have a great trip!

Tom

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
About a hour north is Taos, Michales restaurant is very good. A large art community, enjoy

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Gwaai,

There's a long street of mostly art galleries in Santa Fe that is interesting - I don't remember the name, but it's a primary tourist spot.

Try roadfood.com to find good eats away from the usual tourist stuff. We had several great meals from that site in Santa Fe (call and make sure they're open!).

Alamogordo (town nearby) has a pretty good (and free) museum about nuclear weapons development for something that's out of the ordinary.

Have a great trip!

Tom

That would be Los Alamos, not Alamogordo. Alamogordo has the White Sands National Monument where the first A bomb was detonated. Alamogordo does have a nice space museum, but it is almost 4 hours away, while Los Alamos is less than an hour.

My wife's favorite stop in Santa Fe is the Georgia O'keeffe museum, mine is any place that serves green chili hamburgers. The Old Town Square is interesting area.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've had a good time so far.
Loving the weather.
Seen some great galleries today. Particularly ship rock gallery.
Tom, I think you mean canyon. I haven't made it there yet.
G

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if you're going to engrave one of the big nukes, do not put scroll near the detonator. if you do, we will never hear from you again !