Dissertation Assistance Requested

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is not engraving related, I hope no one gets offended. If any of you have kids or grandkids please read on:

My daughter is a doctoral student in school psychology at Texas A&M. She is working on her dissertation in order to finish her doctoral degree. She is researching the behaviors of 12-17 year old adolescents. She is looking for teens in this age range that would be willing to help her. Participation would include filling out questionnaires and rating scales that would be mailed to you with a paid return envelope. Participation would take about an hour to complete and you will be entered to win $100. Please email her at jbeath1@tamu.edu if you have any questions or would like to participate.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
So, what you are saying to us is that we ARE adolescents or ACTING like adolescents?
Considering that BRAIN is not here to defend himself (but probably lurking anyway), I consider that to be a very cheap shot ! , BUT I LIKE IT ! :beerchug:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
She needs to be very careful were and how her sample is designed and collected. My committee would never have allowed this type of data collection. She should be aware of that at this time because that will be the first test is how the sample is drawn, I had a very professional committee who were not afraid to say the collection method biased the collected of data and there fore the results. It takes a while to design a random sampling of the target group and then get enough participation to validate the hypothesis by either proving or disproving. Fred

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Fred. It has been carefully designed. After 16 family members have all gone through disertations, we think we have this one... Just having issues with the last few youth...