Mainolfi by Montejano ( Medusa and Perseus)

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
'm working with some special projects or joint works for several international knife. Once a year, I do this kind of work that serve to change his style and always creates a certain illusion.
In this case it will work with the maestro Riccardo Mainolfi.
I mentioned the possibility of a mythological design and thought well, asking if possible to bear in mind the character "MEDUSA".
I'll Medusa and on the other side of the knife, will design "Perseus".
For now I will show the pencil drawing of MEDUSA and later when I draw, I will show Perseus.
a hug

Montejano

-----------------------

-----

--------

-----

--------

----

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
exceptional work that you always do. thanks for showing. what kind of pen do you use for your drawings ? very nice.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Antonio, your artistry is fantastic! I always enjoy seeing your works. Thank you for sharing :clapping: :bow:

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Friend Sam:
I always appreciate your words long. Thank you for this forum so magnificent engraving.:biggrin:

Amigo Sam:
Yo valoro mucho tus palabras . Gracias por este foro del grabado tan magnífico.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
I finished the design in pencil on the other side of the knife Riccardo Mainolfi.
In the main face as I showed, he goes Medusa and Perseus on the back.
The design and decoration will be the same Greek style.
a hug
Thanks to the trust Mainolfi

Antonio

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
I started with the "acid etching" Design Perseus and Medusa. I'm at the stage of antacid drawn with ink.
First I drew Perseus, delicate character in his back drawn and shaded under magnification.
To highlight the difficulty of managing the ink (in thickness or layer on the metal, delicate strokes, etc ....), as a difficult shading, allowing a bite and final effect with enough finesse to strokes.
It is still always be a challenge for me these special works, because I demand to be 100% concentration and fitness.
Then I continue with the drawing of the Greek ornamentation.
I have some photos of Perseus, though the quality of them, does not suggest that if it is perceived to increase.
a hug

------

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
I continue with the project of the knife. It is necessary to complete the background with gold foil and background shading work.

----

Latest posts

Sponsors