Help, please: Melting and rolling out scrap silver

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone, I have some scrap silver, some of it is 90% silver(coin) and some is .925 and there is some.999 %. I have about 2ounces of it. Is there anyone that will melt this down and roll it out into a sheet about 1.5 - 2mm thick for me? Of course I will pay for your service and time and for the shipping back and forth. Or is there any place that specializes in this to where I can send it to and get it done. Would it be better to sell my scrap silver and buy the silver in whatever size I need? I just don't have the tools to do this at the moment. If anyone is interested you can PM me.
THANKS

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
MTC not cost effective till you have a lot,lot,lot more scrap. Just buy what you need, lots of metal dealers
Gold would be a different story

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
Rio has a scrap return program. The cleaner the scrap the higher the percentage of spot you'll get. It's probably cheaper than purchasing the items you'd need to do the steps necessary to roll out good sheet, especially for a couple ounces. Price of silver is way down, which is both good and bad in this situation. Bob

Latest posts

Sponsors