Help, please: Need help choosing wi-fi printer at Apple Store

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
The wife wants a wi-fi printer. I definitely want to get one sold at Apple Store. I'm sold on there customer service and product reliability. Does anyone know which wi-Fi printer will do transfers? The apple web site shows HP and Epson printers. Don't see where it tells if they are laser or inkjet or whatever. I guess I could take some acetone, cloth, and a practice plate to see which one works. Thought I'd check here 1st. Thx in advance. :thumbsup:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i bought a nice brother tn630-660 a few weeks ago. works great for just paper prints. a while back, sam said the thing won't do transfers. don't know for sure as i have yet to attempt transfers with it. fwiw, it does work very nicely with my mac book pro. it's rather slow, works in b&w only, but i do like it.

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
If you are using T White transfer magic then go to Walmart (or Amazon) and buy a $35.00 HP Deskjet 1000 (ink jet) printer. Cheap and proven to do the job. Then get your wife whatever she wants; remember Happy Wife = Happy Life).

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
Going to Apple Store mean paying the most. Just get any HP ink jet print that you want. Wifi works fine with any HP printer.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
I do not own a computer. Don't need,nor want one at this time. I do have an iPhone and it is adequate at present to meet my needs. A wireless printer suits our needs. I own a laser printer but it does crappy transfers. May be the cheap ink refill I bought but I never have been able to get a good transfer so I keep drawing everything. Would be nice to draw out a monogram and have several chances to get the position just right. I just wanted to check with any member here who knows that their wireless printer will transfer. HP or Epson models shown at the Apple Store website. I'm going today to get one. Will take acetone /practice plate to see if I at least can get some transfer. Thx for the responses.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Toad I have an HP M1212 nf MFP laser printer. Can I print to this with my iPhone? It doesn't say wifi and I don't know a lot about computers. I want to know enough to do what I want to do so I can spend the rest of my time making things by hand. As far as paying too much, I checked with best buy and the Apple Store only charges $10-20 more for most models. They said they would even help me choose the model and print the sheet to take to best buy, so I could purchase the right printer at the best price. With service and support like that, the least I can do is show a little customer loyalty. Thx in advance!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Toad I have an HP M1212 nf MFP laser printer. Can I print to this with my iPhone? It doesn't say wifi and I don't know a lot about computers. I want to know enough to do what I want to do so I can spend the rest of my time making things by hand. As far as paying too much, I checked with best buy and the Apple Store only charges $10-20 more for most models. They said they would even help me choose the model and print the sheet to take to best buy, so I could purchase the right printer at the best price. With service and support like that, the least I can do is show a little customer loyalty. Thx in advance!:thumbsup:

last december i bought my first apple laptop. i will say the apple store nearest me put me in shock ! these folks go out of their "way" to assure you get the most bang for the buck. i can't say the same for the other platform. no going back for me ! xp was great , till that fateful day in april.

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
Micheal, I looked up your printer and it does not have WiFi. I would just pick the HP ink jet printer that is an all in one model that suits your needs.
Todd

Sponsors