Announcement: Decoration of books in ancient Russia

Vladimir

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtkuaihnl1lacsf/First%20printer%20Ivan%20Fedorov.pdf?dl=0
For your acquaintance I offer selection of an album "Ivan Fedorov's Art" in the .pdf format.
Ivan Fedorov - the Russian and the Ukrainian first printer (1520-1583gg.) It seems to me that
its style can be interesting. I the first time use the Dropbox resource for mailing of files.
If you have difficulties with viewing of the file, let me know, I will look for other way.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I've successfully downloaded your file, and will review it, in its entirety, in a day or two. The Old Country is rich in a history we do not have over here, and one can still see the handwriting and penmanship efforts being preserved. My surname, here, is not the same as in the Old Country. One name, I forget which, translates to 'one who writes books for children'. My Grandfather & Great Grandfather came from the area of Poland/Russia, where the borders were all screwed up for ages, and were governed by Russia, Prussia, and Austria. Perhaps my ancestry had artistic implications? It's unknown, as most all have passed away. My penmanship is above 'average', and I wish it was better. My engraving could always use improvement. Maybe some of us have ancestral/genetic implications worth checking into. Anyway, thank you for the download, which should serve as another history lesson for us all!

Sponsors