dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very excited to be here!

Love how the Stars and Stripes look

Saludos,
Carlos

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I suppose it's not uncommon for a professional engraver to show up there. Carlos, will you be instructing there?

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Hey I forgot to tell you something that might save your life while you're in emporia. Down here in Texas if the light is red and we're not in the intersection already, then we stop. For whatever reason folks up in Kansas think the red light means speed up. Just a heads up.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey I forgot to tell you something that might save your life while you're in emporia. Down here in Texas if the light is red and we're not in the intersection already, then we stop. For whatever reason folks up in Kansas think the red light means speed up. Just a heads up.

It all evens out however. Most of the people don't take off from a green light for about 20 seconds!! :)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
It all evens out however. Most of the people don't take off from a green light for about 20 seconds!! :)

i just drive. too many colors to remember-- red--yellow--green. just too confusing !

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
While working for the county,down here in Texas, it was a common occurrence to bust a red light.
One day my partner got to laughing at me and I asked him what was so funny.
He replied that I had run every red light that we had come to, but set it down for a green!

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The instructor is Mr. Bob Finley.

I removed so much background today...and it seems I got no where after a days work, and still more bacground to remove tomorrow! Mr. Finley has some great study pieces he brings along, blessed that im able to take the class from him, and I met some of the forum members and others that visit but dont post. Great group of guys and 1 gal.

Oh forgot to mention the wonderful group of grs employees, very helpful and make you feel like part of the family, such a great feeling, feels like we've been friends for years.

Saludos,
Carlos

Last edited:

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Bob Finley is the one reason I kept going. After seeing his work at a Tuesday night dinner. I was inspired but what inspired me more was that there among the beautiful pieces of work was a belt buckle with dog engrave on it well I guess you could call it engraving. I asked him what it was . He said I did that in the beginning and my wife makes me bring it to show people where I started.

Well she was right after seeing that buckle which looked like he scratched it in with an awl. I said to myself well he certainly didn't start with any special talent. and look at this fantastic work. I knew then that it was possible to get to where I wanted to be because he started with nothing special so I too could do it.

Bob is and was a real inspiration to me . Thanks Bob.

Chris

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if i was only able to travel ! i'd be there with you. my wife is unable to travel, and i don't feel comfortable leaving her alone for any amount of time. just don't dunk any pigtails in the inkwell. you'll be expelled if you do.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bob Finley is the one reason I kept going. After seeing his work at a Tuesday night dinner. I was inspired but what inspired me more was that there among the beautiful pieces of work was a belt buckle with dog engrave on it well I guess you could call it engraving. I asked him what it was . He said I did that in the beginning and my wife makes me bring it to show people where I started.

Well she was right after seeing that buckle which looked like he scratched it in with an awl. I said to myself well he certainly didn't start with any special talent. and look at this fantastic work. I knew then that it was possible to get to where I wanted to be because he started with nothing special so I too could do it.

Bob is and was a real inspiration to me . Thanks Bob.

Chris
Chris,

Just got back from the Tuesday night dinner, his work is amazing pictures dont even begin to show how wonderful his sculpting work is, i Saw the micro vise that is pictured in grs calender and stuff. His knives guns and more. Ill say im inspired, can't wait to go home and work in some scuplting, so many ideas.

Jay,

Would have been nice!

Dan, thank you.

Saludos,
Carlos

Last edited: