Graversmith or Gravermax G8 Why do I not hear more about the Graversmith?

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
Seems I see very little posted about the Graversmith. When I compare these two models other the the things I can see on the specs what is the biggest differences? Does the Graversmith do as detailed fine work and also be able to have as much power as the Gravermax? What is the difference between the 2 regulators? What about the bias control?

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Graversmith is a good machine. It was originally designed as a no frills "production" unit for large shops but the cost has made it a popular unit. The G8 and Mach have a precision regulator which will hold the air pressure more exact during operation but the Smith is still very smooth. I'm not sure I can feel the difference.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You would need an Air Tact unit and the proper hand pieces. If you are looking to save money I would just stick with the foot control or just go ahead and buy a Gravermach AT that has the Air Tact built in.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I dont think it matters how many use the graversmith, it is a great machine that can perform with the best. It will not make you a better or worse engraver think about it masterpieces have been made with far less. I own one and dont see a need to upgrade, if you need more than one hand piece connection bpe sells one and problem solved. I hope this helps.

Saludos,
Carlos

Last edited:

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos, what other systems do you either have or have tried? How did they compare with the Graversmith you and what work you are doing?

Andrew Biggs

If you want to use a hand control (airtact) then get the GraverMach AT as it is a dedicated unit. Just as Rex said.

If you are happy with foot control then the GraverSmith will do everything you ever want to do and then some. I've demonstrated extensively with the GraverSmith and it performs perfectly.

Basically the GraverSmith, GraverMax and GraverMach all perform the same when it comes to power and control. It is the extra bits that you pay for as you go upward. Just like a car with all the extra whistles and bells.

They will all perform extremely fine shading or dig a hole through to China. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

Latergaters

Elite Cafe Member
I used the GraverMach at the GRS basic class but purchased a Graver Smith so I could afford the sharpening system. Being a beginner I don't notice much difference and I am so used to foot control I don't even notice it.

Latest posts

Sponsors