Announcement: Video: English scrolls

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you for taking your time to make it, thats the spirit of helping spread the knowledge. Shame not everyone thinks the same.

Saludos,
Carlos

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
Thierry - I've enjoyed all your videos. This last one is superb, and was quite instructive on the positioning of the scrolls. Is the click you get with the hand engraver the popping of the chip, or a slight tap with a hammer? Thanks for all of your sharing - Bob

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
Thierry - I've enjoyed all your videos. This last one is superb, and was quite instructive on the positioning of the scrolls. Is the click you get with the hand engraver the popping of the chip, or a slight tap with a hammer? Thanks for all of your sharing - Bob

The popping of the chip. My microscope camera is not very good and as it lag the sound and the image are not well synchronize. I am reluctant to buy better equipment since I make video for fun, sorry about the short coming.

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
The popping of the chip. My microscope camera is not very good and as it lag the sound and the image are not well synchronize. I am reluctant to buy better equipment since I make video for fun, sorry about the short coming.

No shortcoming at all! Very helpful, instructive videos and great work. Thank you.

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
Thierry, Love all your videos. I think it is great that someone is willing to share so much and not want to be compensated for it like so many others today. I well look forward to many more. Thanks again ZZ

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
Thierry, Love all your videos. I think it is great that someone is willing to share so much and not want to be compensated for it like so many others today. I well look forward to many more. Thanks again ZZ

I am glad that my video can be of some use. I do not teach I just show what I do and how I do it. Having done it for some time I take short cut which might make the video unsuitable as teaching instrument.

Enjoy

Indy Joneds

Elite Cafe Member
Very Inspirational and Educational for a Beginner like me. The Detail and Quality are second to none . The gold inlay pheasant ? is my favourite . I hope you continue to do videos like this ,so i can learn more . Just from watching your videos i feel confident in attempting some copper wire inlay in the near future . Thanks Thierry

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member

I shall make more video as I have other "style" to show, thank you for your comment.

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
Indy Joneds, I was reading your post and I thank you for your comment. I think you would be better serve to attempt silver wire inlay (pure silver), the feeling is closer than copper to gold but not as expensive (than gold) copper is more difficult to inlay, should you persist with you copper idea do not forget to anneal the wire, do not be afraid to heat it to a red, you will also have scaling (which you would not get with fine silver or gold) the scaling is very hard it is better to remove it either mechanically or with acid before attempting the inlay.
Good luck, enjoy!

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Your videos deserve a quality camera. I understand the reluctance to purchase the equipment, but don't underestimate your value to the engraving community. There may be a way to help recover your expenditures.

Bill

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
Your videos deserve a quality camera. I understand the reluctance to purchase the equipment, but don't underestimate your value to the engraving community. There may be a way to help recover your expenditures.

Bill

The only way to recover the expenditure would be to sell the video, of course when one sell a product it needs to be as professional as possible. I have no desire to get into the DVD business, I would not enjoy spending the time necessary to edit the video or the selling, my one and only job is engraving and I prefer to keep it that way. I appreciate your comment and encouragement, thank you for watching. If you want I can make the video and you can do all the work, LOL.
As an aside, let me mention that it is actually interesting to look at ones own engraving on a screen as one does it, it give one a different perspective and a more global vision of the work.

Sponsors