Bulino duck attempt

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
Man this was kinda shocking. I wanted to try a duck for giggles this morning. After about two hours I got the front half to a stopping point an the whole time I'm doing this under the microscope I was saying this looks like crap.. No way this will remotely look like a dang duck!!! So I got ****ed an fixed me a cup of coffee with a splash of good stuff in it an came back to my desk.. As I'm sitting here looking at this plate and I was shocked it looked like a duck with your naked eyes!

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ducks are great, and i know some people who work for shotgun manufacturers do them regularly.
In my entire career, in which i have engraved around 500 guns, no one has ever asked me to engrave a duck on a firearm.

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
hey I like the duck but one thing when i´m fishing i see many ducks flying and if you take a short look in flying anatomy when the wings are up the body goes down and is more straight at the upper side for your body the wings must go down than it´s correct thats what i remember in ducks
But your Bolino is great :)
Thanks for sharing
chris

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
You know I have been hunting ducks since I was 12 and I have honestly never really paid attention to how they fly. I know they cup their wings down when they are about to land and I know how they look when they are flying away after I have emptied my gun at one lol

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
So... Is the duck taking off or landing ? I wish my bird looked that good :( I think I jacked up the wing

I "winged it" on the feathers lol

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
That duck is taking off if he were landing his wings would be facing down in a gliding motion setting down on the water. J.J.

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
Excuse me for asking but what is the purpose of this posting, showing what you are doing or requesting critics?