Question: fogging

tjmoore

Does anyone ever have trouble with the eye lenses on microscope fogging up? If so any suggestions. I'm in Alabama and its very humid. Got the ac on

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Can you pull your eyes back a little? If not, go to a scuba shop and get some defogger drops. They use them on the inside of masks.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
in an ac space, the lenses will become quite cool. it's natural then for condensate to form. as mentioned, there's "anti fog" available at most dive shops. in most any drugstore such is available for eyeglasses. that should work as well.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have the same issue, but as mentioned in the previous reply, a small fan may stop it as well. I bought minecwhile at GRS. The ladies in the class were cold so the thermostat was turned up. I had to do something I'd enjoy living in a freezer. I bought one of those 6" fans that have a clip. I mounted it to my acrobat scope stand. It cooled me down, but now I think about it. The figging also stopped about that time. Coincidence?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I personally think you Texas boys just need to cut down on the hot air you generate while your supposed to be working. It rises up to the cool lens and there is your steamy lens issue. I have noticed at the bars in Texas the windows are usually foggy if the place is open. Fred

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
This was a big problem for me for a while. Just like the others have said, I have a small fan aimed at my face and that takes care of it.

Eric Olson

Elite Cafe Member
I put a fan near my bench to circulate air, which helps a lot.
Also adjusting your posture/chair height may help. Wet, humid air rises, so make sure you are not looking "down" into your scope -
keep your brow area clear of your eye cups to let the humidity escape.

Latest posts

Sponsors