Question: Please can I ask for some advice.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I have used them at Alexandre School and they are not Zeiss or Leica, but are reasonably good microscopes for the money.

Scottyd

You should get the .5x objective to give yourself more working room. Check out the Leica A60 available from Tira Mitchell. It's a great scope at a reasonable price.
Scott

brett

Great thanks for the reply. Would it be a good idea to get the .5x objective with the Leica as well?
Brett

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
Brett, I bought a Leica A60 from Tara with a .63x. A .5x or a .63x gives you plenty of room to work. Going to a .63x just gives you a little more power, but probaly not needed.
Hope this helps,
Todd

brett

Hi Todd, yes that is a great help . I have had a look at the leica and will hopefully be purchasing one very soon. Thanks again to everyone for the advice. Brett

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
don't worry about the power level. any scope / lens configuration will deliver more optical power than is needed. most scope users probably do not use maxi power. when turned to max, you'll find your field of view gets to be way too tiny to be practical.jm2cw

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
There is a "sticky" thread under the tips archive on what scopes to buy and not to buy, it has a lot of interesting info. Check it out, it's a good read.

Latest posts

Sponsors