Used Zeiss Semi 2000 prices

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Used Zeiss Stemi 2000 prices

After careful study and reasearch, I have decided to upgrade my microscope from the Meiji EMZ 8TR with 0.5x supplemental lens to a Zeiss Stemi 2000 with 0.4x supplemental lens. Until I have my eyes repaired, I need better light gathering and depth of field that it appears Zeiss offers in the Stemi; and with the 0.4x supplement lens I will have about the same magnification range and a bit more working room than my Meiji 8TR.

When I purchased my used Meiji I found just what I wanted in quality/price by waiting and watching e-Bay for a few months.

I have been doing the same watching and waiting for a Stemi 2000 on e-Bay. One recently sold for $1,500.00 on e-Bay that I missed seeing, and there are others in the $3,000.00 price range listed.

The question I have for you Zeiss Stemi users: Was the $1,500.00 for a plain Jane used Stemi 2000 a one off deal that was very rare? All I really need is a body, objective lens and 10x eyepieces.

Regards;
Steve

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Steve: That was a good price for a Stemi 2000 scope. I sold one for the same price to a friend of mine. I would say the $2000 range is what you would expect to pay for a binocular model, and maybe 50%+ more for a trinocular depending on whether it's a 2000-C or 2000-CS.

You should also consider the Leica A60 series. Excellent scope, sharp and bright as the Zeiss, greater depth of field, and very attractively priced.

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Sam;

Yes, to my mind the A60 Leica will likely become the "default" go to microscope for engravers and electronic repair people. The depth of field number as specified by Leica for the A60 is great, and the working distance at 122mm without supplemental lens is very good as well.

Steve

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i lurked on ebay for several weeks. i scored a nice leica for just over 300 bucks. that was without the boom or anything else. i had a boom, and easily adapted the scope to it. i got a very serviceable .5 lens on the bay. the thread diameter was maybe .5mm too small to fit properly. i used hot melt glue to affix the lens in place. the .5 lens was 29 bucks. a far cry from the factory unit that fit properly. it was over a hundred.

Latest posts

Sponsors