membership pledge(donation)newbies and juniors please read

kuzcokelly

I am as much a newbie as there is. I know little to no terminology,heck,I don't even own the first graver yet. I got interested seeing some beautiful engraving on a gun on another site and got interested. I was lucky enough to happen upon this website. I was poking around on the site as I often do looking for information on the right vise,microscope,magnification etc. and came upon a post titled "Membership pledge..or the lack thereof." I believe. I clicked on out of curiosity and in reading through the posts I was taken a bit back. The most shocking part to me was there are over 9500 members and a mere 89 donate to the site to help keep it running. I must say,with all the information provided about tools,shortcuts,and hard earned knowledge offered by those who have spent years perfecting a craft and in doing so learning not what to do,their help and advise save the student engraver well more than the donations that are merely suggested,not even asked for. We have to chip in an help if at all possible because what a shame it would be if this resource was suddenly gone one day. Take a moment...think of what a tool purchase here has saved you,or the free advise has saved you,or even the tutorials in the archives on sharpening a graver! Just think about it and see what we can do to help the powers that be keep this site around. I have found it extremely interesting ,informative,and helpful. And most are really nice unless you post a miniscule picture and ask for advise on it..lol.Have a great day all. Please even take a moment to read the original post. I was suprised myself. It's my turn to go pledge now. Thanks for your time..Kelly

kuzcokelly

oh, I forgot to mention,I have been unable to work for three years now after a pretty tough series of surgeries after a car wreck but there is no school out there providing this much information for the donation options available. We do what we can to learn and move forward!

Latest posts

Sponsors