Question: Hand Tremors

delder

Elite Cafe Member
Anyone else out there dealing with hand tremors. Started about a month ago.They are becoming more severe. I've been taking lots of breaks, bracing one hand with the other. Changed grip on the handpiece.Any ideas? Makes fine shading almost impossible.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Might want to have that checked out by a Dr. Hand tremors are a symptom of a lot of issues.

If you are working with GRS equipment you might want to try a maestro hand piece. When I have had hand pain I can usually use this style handpiece.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i have been plagued for years with what the docs call an 'essential" tremor. my head would shake, as well as my engraving hand. i finally sought a second opinion. doc #2 said i was a candidate for dbs. this is a brain surgery that implants an electrode into the affected spot in the brain. in my case , there were 2. i have 2 electrodes implanted. control is effected via a pulse generator the doc implanted in my chest wall. the tremors have pretty much disappeared. there are occasional transient, short lived tiny ones. enough uncertainty exists, though-- so i no longer do guns or anything brought to me by a client that requires fine detailing. i mainly do work on those objets that i make. no real tragedy if i screw it up. i just do it over again. i would seriously advise anyone with such condition to see a competent neurologist. if you have further questions, i will gladly share my experience with you. jayismonk450@gmail.com or 724-470-7214

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
delder: How much coffee or caffeinated beverages do you drink? When I took the Grand Masters class in 2010 with Creative Art none of the Italian engravers drank coffee. They said it would cause their hands to shake, so cut out the caffeine and see if that doesn't help.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
D,
Being a diabetic, I started having tremors a few months ago.
Years ago an orthopedic surgeon that I worked for put me on the Vitamin B6 @ 150 mg/day to rebuild my ligament/nerve damage.
Figuring my present tremors to be related, I started back on the B6.
As long as I take the vitamin,NO tremors, stop and they come back.
Ya might want to give it a try.

IF YOU EXCEED 300 mg/day combined with food ,multivitamins, etc., it becomes TOXIC and will cause further nerve damage.
Sandwiches made from unenriched breads and other foods, latch onto the B6 and eliminate it from the body causing a deficiency

mobaiz

Has anyone ever tried acupuncture? If not, you should do yourself a favor and give it a try. I have treated diabetics and tremors with excellent success. I practice KOSA acupuncture and my success rate is 100%. You would be surprised and amazed on how fast it works. If anyone is in or near Michigan and want to give it a try I would give you a free treatment. It's the least I can do to help since everyone here has been more than helpful with me as a beginner

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Acupuncture for contol of suger levels? I think we have gotten off track at least a little bit...

mobaiz

You can treat diabetes with acupuncture by fostering (strengthening) the large intestine. You can treat diabetes by adding a few things in your diet. For example, taking a teaspoon of ground cinnamon right after a meal 3x a day will greatly help bring your blood glucose levels to normal. You can add it to water, tea, or whatever floats your boat.

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Hand Tremmors

Doug;

If you cannot find a Doctor down there in Murrels Inlet to try to determine what is the cause of your malady, let me know. I have several friends that are members of the church I attend in Columbia who are Doctors. I can ask them for a recommendation to get you started on the path to recovery.

Regards;
Steve Howell

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I suffer from spastic jerky movements rather than tremors that a result of the spinal cord damage I have discussed in other threads. They even occur when I hold a book or Kendle and when I drive for more than about thirty miles or so. Doctors say it is from the crushed spinal cord and not a lot can be done it just happens when I move my head in a certain way and the exposed nerves are pinched, Work has suffered but I preserver.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Delder, I am a registered nurse,BSN. All good info given. You definitely want to get checked out. Try to see a general practitioner first. They have a better chance of sending you to the right type of Dr. Just remember, the old adage, to a hammer everything looks like a nail. If you see a surgeon, they will want to do surgery. If you see a chiropractor, all can be cured through it. Yousee where I'm going. All may be right for some people but not everyone. Something also it could be is Early Parkinson's disease. If it is,you can take a couple of Coenzyme Q10 tabs it should help ease symptoms. If Parkinson's disease magnetic gait will follow. That is where your feet feel stuck to the ground, especially when you try to through a doorway.
Diabetics need to check closer on the cinnamon advice. While it does help with blood sugar regulation too much can become toxic. I believe a teaspoon or more a day can result in liver damage. I sprinkle some on my food because I like the taste mostly but have the added benefit of slowing down absorption of carbohydrates.
We need to remember to get up and move more often. I set a time aside each day to exercise and when I take a break, I try to do something like push ups or air squats to pull-ups to get the blood flowing. Also track my steps with iPhone. Minimum 10K steps per day. Sounds easy but you'd be surprised how little we move engraving all day long. Any more questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
i'm a type 2. if my glucose level gets to around 50, i will shake, rattle, and roll. i know this as when the crappy feeling comes, i use a glucose monitor. the numbers tell me it's time to toss down a few carbs. i eat mostly veggies, fresh fruit, and rarely eat meats. a simple glucose monitor tells you level at the time of testing.
a much more telling diagnostic is the "a1c". it gives your average level for the last 2-3 months. this test is best performed by laboratory testing. there is a "home a1c" test in most drugstores. not sure of the reliability, though.

monk

Staff member
Delder, I am a registered nurse,BSN. All good info given. You definitely want to get checked out. Try to see a general practitioner first. They have a better chance of sending you to the right type of Dr. Just remember, the old adage, to a hammer everything looks like a nail. If you see a surgeon, they will want to do surgery. If you see a chiropractor, all can be cured through it. Yousee where I'm going. All may be right for some people but not everyone. Something also it could be is Early Parkinson's disease. If it is,you can take a couple of Coenzyme Q10 tabs it should help ease symptoms. If Parkinson's disease magnetic gait will follow. That is where your feet feel stuck to the ground, especially when you try to through a doorway.
Diabetics need to check closer on the cinnamon advice. While it does help with blood sugar regulation too much can become toxic. I believe a teaspoon or more a day can result in liver damage. I sprinkle some on my food because I like the taste mostly but have the added benefit of slowing down absorption of carbohydrates.
We need to remember to get up and move more often. I set a time aside each day to exercise and when I take a break, I try to do something like push ups or air squats to pull-ups to get the blood flowing. Also track my steps with iPhone. Minimum 10K steps per day. Sounds easy but you'd be surprised how little we move engraving all day long. Any more questions and I'll do my best to answer.

michael: i was unaware this could be toxic. i did take cinnamon not quite a half teaspoon spread over 4 meals a day. careful monitoring for 6 months showed no significance at all in my levels. i just stopped taking it.