Ivory ban news...

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Been online finishing up stuff and removing or closing out credit card access and freezing accounts with businesses I won't be using in the next few months...

A friend warned me that his accounts were hacked. Cost that friend over ten grand in lost revenues and he has been fighting to get his credit restored for over 18 months now. Don't need that.

Hopefully this way mine will be more difficult to compromise? No passwords, no info. - and I "froze" all but the two I will carry. (with the companies, not in a block of ice)

Plus, notified those two companies of when and where I will be... and how to contact me if there is need to question an item.

And then I ran across this: http://news.yahoo.com/feds-change-ivory-rule-enforcement-bagpipes-seized-204136253.html

Might be of interest to some of you?

Brian

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Been online finishing up stuff and removing or closing out credit card access and freezing accounts with businesses I won't be using in the next few months...

A friend warned me that his accounts were hacked. Cost that friend over ten grand in lost revenues and he has been fighting to get his credit restored for over 18 months now. Don't need that.

Hopefully this way mine will be more difficult to compromise? No passwords, no info. - and I "froze" all but the two I will carry. (with the companies, not in a block of ice)

Plus, notified those two companies of when and where I will be... and how to contact me if there is need to question an item.

And then I ran across this: http://news.yahoo.com/feds-change-ivory-rule-enforcement-bagpipes-seized-204136253.html

Brian

I recently signed up with Transunion to monitor things for me. Less than $20/year.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That gun in his hand... is about all that's left these days.

I'm sure they are a "corporation". That means they'll get to vote, lobby/bribe congressmen for laws that favor them and go bankrupt - and are not gonna be liable for anything in the end...

Courts will almost always side with whoever has the best dressed (and paid) shyster. Proven throughout history...

B.

After all, lawyers have to recoup all that money they spend on Hollywood/New York drama & actors schools and Italian suits! (So do politicians, but I haven't got time to write about them today)

Last edited:

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
I have the original harvest certification from the Ice Age man who harvested my mastadon ivory. It weighs around 600 lbs. as it is carved in stone. :hammer: :hammer:
I just hope the feds dont want a xerox !

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::

Brian

an anestheologist pal of mine bought a year sub. to "life lock". he was hacked to the tune of nearly ten grand. life lock never even contacted my buddy that a hack had even ocured. he ws in the or at washington hospital at the time the hack happened. he finally got his cash back, no thanks to life lock. i think johnny carsons' idea of a mayonnaise jar might be the way to go these days.

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
I have seen 5 K in a mason jar . Its not a good Idea. If you can find a serial number you can get the bill replaced,Otherwise tough cookies.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you can find a serial number you can get the bill replaced,Otherwise tough cookies.

You actually need both serial numbers on the damaged bills to get them replaced or the Federal Reserve won't do it. Banks won't replace badly damaged bills at all. They send them to the Fed and they decide.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can fit a lot more than 5K in a quart mason jar!

And yep, you should always keep all your money in a bank.

So safe, secure and convenient... for most everybody else but you.

Until you NEED 15 grand at 3am on Sunday morning. (fill in the "whatever for" for yourself - it DOES indeed happen)

Or "they" (guess who) - decide you need to be spanked - and take it all or freeze it. Happens too...

Brian

Last edited:

Sponsors