Help, please: Air supply for Paasche Airbrush and Air Eraser?

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a small 1 gallon air compressor that I use for an air nailer and and air stapler. I'm thinking about buying a remotely mounted regulator with a water trap. I think that should work to run a Paasche VL Air Brush and AEC Air Eraser.

What do you think? :thinking:

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think as long as the compressor meets the air consumption requirements of the tools, it will work. From personal experience, I have no great confidence in water separators placed in near proximity to the compressor. The air needs to cool before the moisture can condense enough to be trapped.

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Doc I have a remote a/c in a shop and run a 100 ft line, everything works great. Filter and water trap before it gets in your line....also keep lines large to compensate for line loss...Should work ok..

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very similar to what I use. I've had a Paasche for years (since my custom van days) and really like them. Had a Thayer/Chandler airbrush at one time and eventually discarded it, too temperamental. You should have no problems.

Bill

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I found a portable airbrush spray booth that has an exhaust hose that can be put in a window or door to suck the fumes away. They can be hooked together in tandem to make a wider one. I can use foam core art board and duct tape to make it temporarily larger when I need it that way. And, they fold up for storage when not in use.

I have a few projects coming up that this stuff will do the trick I think. :)

rodsta

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Doc I used to run airbrushes on a whole lot less, even tankless when I did t-shirts at shows. That should be plenty of volume for all but possibly the #5 tip as it uses alot more air/paint. The VL is a great brush. Be sure to get a few of the #3 tips as they can get bent fairly easily.
Rod

Latest posts

Sponsors