Some bulino and my first cut/machine engraving

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
Wanted to show a knife that I made a while ago because the (very simple) border has some of the first machine engraving that I've ever done. Solid stainless scales with lightning storm damascus. The scales themselves measure 3.25"

I may have a little bit of a knack for making dots into pictures but I certainly have a lot to learn about cut engraving! I see a GRS class or two or three in my near future.:handpiece:

Attachments

• dggrcls1.jpg
    dggrcls1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 413
  • fwd-3.jpg
    fwd-3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 416
  • dggrcls2.jpg
    dggrcls2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 413

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"a little bit of a knack with dots"?- your nudes rival anything done with pen or pencil. You are without a doubt a genus with the human body and face, -Fred

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hey Ron- how do you get that solid jet black in those rectangles? and why don't you stop doing that?!

:rolleyes:

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Dave and Fred, Mitch didn't you know thats the new bikini top style??? ;)

Last edited:

Kim Bauer

What tool did you use for the bulino? I have worked on ivory but I know I need to transition to metal. Beautiful work. Thanks for the help, Kim Bauer.

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
Bulino tool

Hi Kim, Am just using a hand held contraption that I came up with for doing dot bulino. Exactly how you “pick n flickâ€￾ your bulino dots is your call. For the actual graver I use the Phil Coogan template, basically a 90V with a 45 degree face angle.

Attachments

• bulinograver2.jpg
    bulinograver2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 142
  • bulinograver1.jpg
    bulinograver1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 140

Sponsors