Disappointing support

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
I am somewhat bewilded at the lack of support for Ray Covers appeal for some help in a time of need there has been over 2500 views on the post and only 57 donations made.
Here is a man that has given so much to a lot of people within our choosen field yet many are not putting a hand in the pocket I myself dont know Ray and may never met the man be it that I live in the UK but still feel it worth a contribution and yes times are hard for many yet all we had to do was give one cheap meal or a takeout and cheap bottle of wine.
I maybe leaving myself open here for a load of verbal from other but come on where's the christian spirit 2500 people less than $10 a head :thinking:
P.S If you wish the slag me of go right ahead and show your true colours.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I support Ray I just mailed him a check.Address Ray Cover 16235 State Highway U Mineral, Mo. 63660 J.J.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
P.S If you wish the slag me of go right ahead and show your true colours.

I'm not going to slag you, but you're not doing Ray any favors making nasty comments like that, and I doubt you're inspiring people to make contributions.

Out of 10,322 Cafe members (as of today 4/20/15), about 1.2% (130 members) support this forum with Pledge Membership, and that's the highest it's ever been. If you can get 1% for an endeavor like the Cafe or a fundraiser like Ray's you're lucky. As disappointing as it might be, that's just the way it goes.

mobaiz

I'm not going to slag you, but you're not doing Ray any favors making nasty comments like that, and I doubt you're inspiring people to make contributions.

Out of 10,322 Cafe members (as of today 4/20/15), about 1.2% (130 members) support this forum with Pledge Membership, and that's the highest it's ever been. If you can get 1% for an endeavor like the Cafe or a fundraiser you're lucky. As disappointing as it might be, that's just the way it goes.

Sam,

Not to change the subject but lol.....this forum is awesome and I'd like to know how to become a pledge member.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rayf24, in the past I have given money to an engraver on this forum that was unable to work because of health problems. Last month I gave money to a local family to help with their problem. Unfortunately Mr. Cover's needs do not fit my criteria. Now if Mr Cover was really in need of some cash then I would love to donate some money.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Missed the thread I guess... is he injured? Did he lose his equipment in a fire? What is his need?

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I haven't donated yet because I don't have any money I can donate. In this economy I'm sadly sure I'm not alone.
But I've got something lined up so it's coming.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's tax time and millions have to buy their required health insurance this year or be fined. I have noticed that most the businesses I go into show signs of hard times. Most people don't have the money. A lot of people are having a harder time than he is. That required insurance goes on for month after year after year. It doesn't stop.
When you take $300.00 to $600.00 a month out of a working mans income it has a drastic effect on the economy. It's just one more favor our benevolent Gov. has done for us. It will soon get a lot worse.

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Well said Jerry....The United States is doing sort of ok... But a lot of people do not have the means to help Rays financial situation.....I think that what ever the total amount, it will help him get down the road with repairs maybe...Ray has a very good skill set and teaching ability way more than most people, so I think it will all shake out for him....

Bob

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
I look at it this way, in the big scheme of things the small donation I made is a lot less than a tank of gas. I don't know Ray, but i know i'm glad I'm not in his fix.:hammer:

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I certainly don't have money to spare to help someone buy an Airstream camper. Life's a b!tch when you've got two mortgages in two states 1800 miles apart!

I'd suggest Ray do what he does best, engrave some stuff and sell it. That's a novel concept, work for what you want and need.

Last edited:

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No one here needs to answer to the original posters assertions as they are accusatory and demeaning and certainly inappropriate, and frankly none of his business. When someone gives to a charity or other need it should be anonymous and not blasted out in public. That shows no class or humility wanting recognition for such a thing.

Scolding people one doesn't know like a bunch of school children is crass at best. Was that a slagging off? I don't know but it is my 2 centavos worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsors