Traveling in the Southwest...

FerrousOxide

Hi All,
I'll be spending some time next week traveling through parts of the Southwest: a few days in Sante Fe then up to Pagosa Springs, CO. It would be great to have a chance to meet up with any fellow engravers in the area, or if there are places that are "must see", please let me know.

Cheers! :tiphat:

Rob

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Googler Leonard Francolini in N.M.
And Bo Bonds near Durango? He used to be in Bayfield.
And then there's Marty Rabeno in Durango.
Chris Marona, an excellent photographer in Durango, is worth visiting with also.
Bud Winborn over in Cortez is good people, also.
Randy Rodriguez in Santa Fe has "The Rio Bravo Trading Co."and a lot of custom silver work.
"Sorrell Sky" in Durango is a high end store that carries Ben,"Night Horse", Campbell's work. Worth a look see.

Ya might want to check our the old "Fairfield Pagosa".
Used to, you could take a small tour of the place and they would put you up in a condo for 3 days,2 nights in exchange for touring the place.

Call ahead for reservations and catch a ride on the Silverton narrow gauge railroad.

Last edited:

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Watch out for the runaway 18 wheeler truck full of chickens.
If you get to the front range lunch on me

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
North out of Santa Fe to Taos, stop at Michales restaurant , then up to Ft Garland Kit Carson museum. West to the sand dunes National Monument.
Over Wolf Creek Pass to Pagosa Springs, have fun

jbmfaceted

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Mesa Verde, about 35 miles west of Durango toward Cortez, Definitely would be one of the highlights of your trip

FerrousOxide

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations! We are having a great time in Santa Fe...headed to Pagosa Springs tomorrow, will be in Durango Thursday. Amazing silver work everywhere I look!
:bow:

Latest posts

Sponsors