Spurs with sculped cow and calf

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Other than the calf looking somewhat like a little ugly sheep, these were fun to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 253

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks guys, and great idea about the brand to the Texan Muleskinner. Since these left in the mail yesterday, ithe brand idea will have to wait till the next pair.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
looks like some serious "jewelry" there. someone's gonna like this.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
John P.
Seeing your avatar reminded me of the day my boy borrowed my good ropin pony to run the sticks.
He made it to the fartherest stick, turned to make the return and then his little 8 yr. olds legs hooked my pony about halfway up his ribs. So, my pony being kinda offended proceeded to do a nice easy rocking chair buck back to the finish line. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as his bowed and swooped his sombrero.

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Great story John P., those are the kind that always bring a smile when you think of them. I did learn something important in sculpting this cow and calf. The cow was much easier because she is in full sideways profile, the calf was a serious pain and did not come out very well because his head is looking straight at us. That straight on sculpting was exceptionally hard for me. Because I have done a little sculpting now I had felt confident with the design, but I was seriously humbled. -Something to think about if you are going to try sculpting.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Denny
Take some "Chavant" sculpting clay and sculpt your critter first. A lot easier to erase and tweak your mistakes before going to the real thing.

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
The beautiful leather carving is done by a member of this forum, Gordon Andrus. Gordon is an amazing leather carver as well as engraver.