Announcement: Birthday video

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm trying to keep a low profile here!

Engraver Ken Hunt will turn 80 years old this August. Ken has been a huge influence on many engravers and has had such a profound effect on the gun and engraving industry that I thought it would be nice to do something special for his birthday, and hopefully this will include you!

Goal: Have engravers from all over the world who either know Ken or not, make a short smartphone video “selfie” saying happy birthday Be serious or just have fun and say happy birthday or whatever else you want to make him smile.

I will compile all the videos into a presentation video and upload it to Youtube in time for Ken’s birthday.

1.) It’s ok to tell other engravers, but we want it to be a surprise for Ken, so don’t tell him!

2.) Do it as soon as possible and send it to me either by email to alfano[at]gmail.com

3.) Shoot LANDSCAPE/HORIZONTAL please. Don’t shoot vertical.

4.) Keep it short enough to email. Maybe 20 seconds or so.

5.) Say your name and location in your greeting, such as “Happy birthday from John Smith in Texas” so everyone (including Ken) knows who and where you are.

Who will join me on this?

~Sam

Sam

Staff member
Sam: You can use a computer, webcam, etc. Or go to a friend's house and use their phone! I'm sure Ken would love to see a greeting from you if you can swing it :)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sam: i'd love to do this for ken. sadly have no clue how to do it. you see, i'm an old bag of gas, somewhat avoiding some of the "new ways". if there's some other way to participate, (at my "level"), please let me/us know.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
sam: i'd love to do this for ken. sadly have no clue how to do it. you see, i'm an old bag of gas, somewhat avoiding some of the "new ways". if there's some other way to participate, (at my "level"), please let me/us know.

Do you have a digital camera? Most of them will shoot videos besides taking stills. (Just a suggestion)

Sam

Staff member
Thanks guys! I sure hope more people will do this. I think it'll be a hoot!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
After reading this thread (and finishing the forum) I went right down to my bench and did mine.
Thanks for the chance to participate!

Sam

Staff member
Ok, 5 videos in the bag. I really appreciate this and I know Ken will, too. Who's next?

Sam

Staff member
I've gotten some great video submissions! Hora & Caty sent me one from Holland with a windmill in the background and it's awesome!

Who's next? C'mon guys...don't miss out on being part of this!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can testify that it's not hard, at least if you have a smartphone. I just sat at my bench and spent a couple of minutes trying to find an angle where I looked less like a goober. After I gave up on that it still took me a few tries to get a message I liked but even then I was done in ten minutes.

If you don't have a smartphone then it's even easier. Get someone else with one to be your cameraman.

Latest posts

Sponsors