Where do I locate some vintage gravers handles

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
I've been looking for a few cool old graver handles and will try to describe them. They are kind of long, wood turned into a nice shape then are square at the bottom where it holds the graver itself. They might be aluminum down at the bottom but I think they are steel. The closest I have found are some old Ezra handles, they are very nice but looking for these certain handles I have seen but for the life of me cant remember who had them. I assume nobody makes them this way anymore. Thank you for any info someone may have.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ray LeTourneau Hand Push Handles Brian Marshall had some for sale in the buy/sale section
Collector items no longer made

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Your locale of Branson may not give rise to many old time engraving handles, and equipment. In Lancaster, PA and the area was a hot area, at one time, for watchmaking where engraving also took place. When I lived, for a short while, in the Buffalo, NY area you could sometime find some things at old book stores, flea markets, yard sales, estate sales, and in newspaper ads. But, those weren't commonplace. There were, in the larger and older cities, more opportunities to find such stuff. As Dave said, the stuff you seek is no longer made, so it's just a matter of luck to run into something, and sometime, at flea markets and auctions, as I know from experience, the seller doesn't know what they have. This is to your advantage. Good luck!

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Ron. I've been coming to Branson for years and for the last few years lived here. I don't remember ever seeing a hand engraver here. Seems like there surely had to of been at some point as this area used to be full of working craftsman. Now there is just a few of us left.
Dave the graver handles that Brian is selling is not the style I'm looking for but they are very nice. If I see a picture of them at some point I will post it to see if someone can at least tell me who made them so I can search around a bit. Like I say they may not be the most function handles for todays gravers but I just like the look of them.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
there's more of this sort of stuff on ebay than you could imagine. just the other day i typed in "antique engraving tools". i saw my photograph on the very first page ! my old lady is trying to get rid of me for $19.95 + shipping !

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
Monk I have looked and haven't found what I'm hunting, yet anyway. I was going to buy you on ebay but the ad didn't say if all your cool engraving tools came with or not lol.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Monk I have looked and haven't found what I'm hunting, yet anyway. I was going to buy you on ebay but the ad didn't say if all your cool engraving tools came with or not lol.

yes, they do. a 20# sledge and a 1" chisel for h&c. if you go on ebay and type in "used engraving tools"
there's plenty of that sort of thing there. the items there rotate quite a bit, so more than one visit may be in order. generally this stuff is for "bid", and will require more money to score a win. if yer lucky, it will be "buy it now" !

Latest posts

Sponsors