Before and After Colt King Cobra Cylinder

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Before and After progress shots of a damaged Colt King Cobra currently on my vise...

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
WOW! That's quite an accomplishment! Who used the pipe wrench on it? I don't know if even an expert with a TIG set up could've saved that one!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Yep, good save. I have to wonder what the circumstances were that would cause someone to have to use a pipe wrench on a revolver cylinder though. :confused:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Yep, good save. I have to wonder what the circumstances were that would cause someone to have to use a pipe wrench on a revolver cylinder though. :confused:

there's 2 ways to resolve an issue-- extreme cursing, or a pipe wrench. i prefer cursing as less damage results.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a super cool way to revive the dead. obviously, the nitwit that did this couldn't spell "gunsmith", or he would have found one in the yellow pages. i learned early that i would never be a gunsmith. i had the pleasure several time of seeing what & how they do things. this is "what they do". most do it well. unless it's your "calling", this work is best left to those in the know.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This was a gun the customer purchased off gunbroker so we will never know the truth.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

I am guessing it was a squib load where there was no powder and the primer drove the bullet out partially causing the cylinder to lock up. But, instead of driving the bullet back again with a squib rod... the bloomin' idiot tried to turn the cylinder with a pipe wrench. :eek::confused:

Sponsors