Looking for the engraver of this S&W 36

MartyM

I recently purchased this Smith & Wesson model 36. Sent to S&W to get the history on it, it was shipped to the first store in blue no engraving. If anyone recognizes the engraver I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 301
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 302

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Look under the grips for initials of some kind. There were some horribly done Model 36's done for a Buffalo, NY gun shop, of which the name escapes me. Those were in stainless, and it's a mystery why Smith & Wesson would've let them out of the building. I think they had private people do them, and this is how they wound up in the display case. The example you show is NOT one of those. An old friend of mine did some work for them, and had the initials "R.S." (no, not me). If he did this one, I wouldn't know, as he was there in the early 80's and I don't know if he's doing any work anymore, or not. I don't know all places where engravers may put their initials, but you may have to carefully dismantle the piece to find out, it they're anywhere at all.

MartyM

This gun was made in 1987, they also did the engraving on the model 60 too. This gun was shipped to CA first then it was engraved.

MartyM

It was shipped to Micro Sight Corp in Belmont CA. That's what the history letters says. I am trying to find out who the engraver was if possible.

Marty

MartyM

Texascowboy2011, I tried they are out of business. I figured someone may recognize the work, I was hoping anyway.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a more clearly defined photo or 2 would help those who could answer your question.

Latest posts

Sponsors