red brass belt buckle with lots of mistakes

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
hi all,
this buckle I did a while back guessing there is plenty of rules broken here.:hammer: A this stage it was layed in with some shading started. comments welcome.

Attachments

• metalsmithg (4).jpg
    metalsmithg (4).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
using rusty nails is a violation of all rules known to humankind. the least you could do is polish them a bit. oh, and before i forget, i like the diagonal "split" you have here. are you leaving this area blank, or is it reserved for a name ?

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Kent, you still have room for some running wheat around the borders. When you finish it up, look around for my mailing address. Should be around there somewhere !! Looks good..

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You need to take more time trying to get your lines to end where they should, rather than were they want to. Your edge line corners are a good example of what I mean. You also need to make sure that your scroll backbones are truly round, without stops and starts and redirections. You are not doing badly, but you can improve these areas. I get the impression from what I see that you are just cutting too fast. Slow down a little, you'll get a more harmonious result.

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
I like the old adage which says you know should know the rules before you start breaking them. Which to me means become competent at drawing and cutting nice layouts which are balanced and fit nicely in the borders before you start randomly breaking over the borders. If you were teaching a kid to play ball, you'd probably start them shooting layups, not 3 pointers. Same thing here. Get proficient at the basics, then take it to the next level. JMO

Stewart

Latest posts

Sponsors