Japanese gold overlay class

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This would be a fun class to take! I don't know the people. Just passing along the information.

------------------------

A 3 day, week-end, introduction class to the Japanese overlay technique of Nunome-zogan.
Friday 15 May ~ Sunday 17 May 2015 in New Hampshire, USA.

Last Minute Special!

Just an idea Zack and I are thinking about...depending on your interest. A 3 day introduction class on Japanese nunome-zogan. I'll cover all the basics, ground preparation, wire and foil manipulation, ground finishing and patination. We'll be working with fine silver on iron. That gold wire decoration on the tsuba above is done in nunome-zogan

Here's your chance to learn how it's really done and from someone who makes his living doing this sort of thing. Did I mention that my teacher in this technique was a 98 year old National Living Treasure?

Friday 15 May ~ Sunday 17 May.
At The Tannery Pond Forge, Wilmot, New Hampshire, USA.

Cost: $750 plus a small tool set (5 piece) I'm working out with Patrick now, probably about $65. I'll provide materials as usual.

C'mon, you know you want to hang out in the woods with me.

You'll find a load of photos of the technique and it's application here.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
stunning simplicity ! this work reminds me of the esthetic works of jim kelso. not much there, but a very moving visual message. this is a great progressive tutorial on how this is done.

Latest posts

Sponsors