Third gun of set of eight

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Phil Every time I look at something new you turn out I am dazzled anew.....I was wondering what kind of profile on your bit you use to cut the grapes?....That is very impressive, to cut balls that close together and be that smooth.....WOW

Bob

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
This scrollwork is your best pattern that I have seen.
Absolutely fantastic.
A BIG thanks for taking the time to post your work !

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm curious- why the numeral "4" on the 3rd of 8? "Second gun of the second pair of set of eight."? Enquiring minds want to know...

ETHELBERT

Elite Cafe Member
Ain't fair, I sit and struggle and then I see something like this AWESOME! Thanks for posting Phil

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
About as good as it gets I think, always a pleasure and inspiration to see your work, thank you for posting.

Must be a challenge to do a matching set of eight.

Peter

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bob, I used my bulino graver for cutting the grapes.

Peter, the customers original idea was to have all eight guns with the same design, I don't see the point in that so each pair will look similar but will be different, if you check my last post with the first pair you will see. This pair has carved areas on the action, also top lever thumb piece, trigger guard bow and tang and the barrel breeches, my idea is for each subsequent pair to get better and look more interesting.

Some people order a pair of game scene guns with exactly the same scenes on each gun, I can't get my head around that, if I was paying, each scene would have to be different...all my scenes are.

Phil

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Something a bit different coming for next year a .700 double rifle, a big un! with game scenes, scroll not decided on yet.

Phil

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I looked those up at Conn Shotgun-$28 Per- I am sure it will be beautiful. If you have to ask you can't afford to even look except in the Café -Fred

Sponsors