Question: Are these a good idea, a really bad one, boring, any thoughts at all?

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
http://www.engraverscafe.com/showth...Custom-Engraving-by-Danae&p=172929#post172929

I got on vista print and knocked this up to take to knife shows instead of my photo albumb, first person I showed wanted to buy it. So I thought I'd put them up for sale.

I'm really interested in any and everyone's thoughts on the idea.

Thoughts on how it could be improved...

Are there any things I should be watching out for here?

Are there any things that folk might be interested to read in a book like this?

I'm just taking people's money and ordering the book and sending them straight to the customer at the moment.

Has anyone else done something like this?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
great Idea and very professional. Impressive. Is there a reason you left out your other forms of engraving i.e. glass ect? I think it is great. Fred

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I think it looks good. The photos are all well done and it's a nice presentation, although I'm not crazy about the woodgrain backgrounds. People do like to see progress shots and the artist at work so that's something you might consider.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i'm with Sam. like the idea, but a different- more refined, less rustic- background would be better. perhaps exotic veneers or stone, instead of that plain wood?

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice looking and a great idea to promote your work, I agree with Fred also, I think you should include your other work, and with Sam on the progress shots, as for the background, as Aussies love our wood, so I like it as it is,
congratulations Danae great work, :clapping:

Richard.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
beautiful job.. i'd say it's quite in step with the quality of your engraving. i don't find the background objectionable. just an opinion.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like it. :thumbsup:

With Weldon's calendar and your book I keep upping my opinion of Vistaprint. They're doing some very nice work.

Sponsors