copperscrolls4.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 194
  • copperscrolls.jpg
    copperscrolls.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 192

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
with the creativity of trapping stones as done here-- i agree with roger- a real waste to avoid using silver.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
We met a young lady at a an art show that paid here way through Texas Tech University selling copper wire jewelry. She didn't work a part time job in college, she did as she said, "I used my twisted mind to make twisted wire jewelry", her supplies was easily affordable and the finished product was easily affordable for fellow students to purchase.

To watch her was amazing, she could take copper wire, a "rock" and in no time had a fancy finished pendant made, that is good as any of the ones posted above. She said she made some out of sterling silver, but the added cost of materials made them to expensive for most of the students. The students were here source of sales, so she stuck with copper wire. Now on some weekends she travels the arts and crafts circuit through out the southwest, mostly copper, but also some silver and other wires.

Her job in the oil industry is her income, the jewelry is her recreation. From memory she was doing about 6 shows a year, from what we saw, her income was also pretty good from the twisted wires. I know my wife spent over $100 at the last show we saw her at.

Latest posts

Sponsors