In Omnia Paratvs ~ Ready For All Things

Andrew Biggs

In Omnia Paratvs ~ Ready For All Things

A Dakota Arms grip cap that I’ve just finished with a simple scroll, leaf and ribbon design…….…It hasn’t been inked as it will eventually be blued by the owner.

Finished size is 46mm x 33mm

And I have to say a very pleasant metal to cut.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• PR-Grip-Cap-2.jpg
    PR-Grip-Cap-2.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
what are the laws like in New Zealand regarding firearms? are firearms as prevalent and readily accessible as they are in the USA?

You did a banger of a job on the grip cap!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Beautiful job, Andrew. I like the compressed running leaf design and also the way the ends of the banner curve downward to follow the shape of the scrolls. Nicely done!!

Andrew Biggs

Thank you all :)

what are the laws like in New Zealand regarding firearms? are firearms as prevalent and readily accessible as they are in the USA?

The laws here are pretty good and you can own a firearm if you want. The owner gets vetted and declared a fit and proper person and given a licence. Then you can own various firearms according to your licence. With each level of firearm comes an endorsement and each of these has varying levels of security attached to it...........so it's different from the USA but not a problem, provided you are a fit and proper person that is. One thing you are not allowed to do is conceal or carry a firearm for protection. Hunting or sports shooting etc, no problem...........It works for us.

Oh yeah.....and you can't go down to Walmart and buy a cake, groceries, frilly undies and throw a firearm in the trolly for good measure :)

is that language latin?

Yes, I think so. Great meeting you as well :)

Cheers
Andrew

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Ive been waiting for someone to ask...why is the inner area (scrolls) so much lighter/brighter than the running leaf? Is it an inlay of silver? or just polished different?

Donny

Andrew Biggs

So... I suppose silencers and machine guns are out of the question too

Yes, we can have machine guns on a collectors licence. But I don't think you are legally allowed to shoot them.........with the price of ammo it is probably a blessing unless you are a squilliionaire :)

We get to do all that stuff here in the Wild West. Open carry too!

Yep, yep, yep........It took all of Mary's self control at the FEGA show not to walk out of the building festooned with guns

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a stunning piece, for sure. what the hell is a trolly ? youse people talk funny down there !

Andrew Biggs

Trolly...... is that thing in the supermarket that is a wire cage with wheels on it........not to be confused with trollied, which means getting rat faced, which generally means drunk. Ahhhh, the English language :)

Cheers
Andrew

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
A shopping cart is a trolly? .............. It's easier to engrave than to learn everyones language:)

Donny

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Trolly...... is that thing in the supermarket that is a wire cage with wheels on it........not to be confused with trollied, which means getting rat faced, which generally means drunk. Ahhhh, the English language :)

Cheers
Andrew

ok, andrew-tyvm for that

Latest posts

Sponsors